Great sales results are the result of great sales management! With the need for ever increasing sales productivity, sales managers need effective tools to deliver top sales team performance. Sales Performance Management teaches the processes and skills that enable modern sales managers to get ultimate performance from sales teams.
The Sales Manager is Critical
The sales manager’s effectiveness is the key factor in a sales team’s performance. An average sales team with a great sales manager can deliver outstanding results. The same average sales team with an ineffective sales manager will deliver poor results.
When you’re making training investments, developing sales managers to be highly effective has a very high rate of financial return.
Sales Managers Are Often Poorly Trained
Many sales managers are promoted because they were good salespeople. But the skills to be a successful sales manager are completely different to those of a salesperson.
While there are thousands of books about sales, there are few about sales management. And very few indeed about modern sales management. That’s just one indicator of how hard it is to learn the skills required to be a totally effective sales manager.
This workshop teaches the very latest sales management skills in a way delegates can put into action immediately.
Sales as a Function isn’t Efficient
Whilst every other area of businesses has been the subject of continuous improvements in efficiency, typically the same isn’t true of sales. For some reason the sales function is very often regarded as some sort of ‘black box’ that isn’t understood and can’t be improved.
Modern thinking disproves this and the intelligent deployment of process, management and improvement can have a huge and positive impact on the results being obtained.
Sales Management Success Depends On
Three factors determine sales management success today. They are:
This practical, hands-on workshop teaches exactly what needs to be done to put this into practice immediately to get the changes needed for sales success.
This workshop teaches the skills and processes to be a highly effective sales manager. That leads to:
- Improved sales results
- A more motivated and effective sales team
- Predictable business and sales forecasting
- Reduced cost of sale
- Consistent, effective sales process
- Improved visibility of sales pipeline and key metrics affecting outcomes
- Higher customer satisfaction
- Reduced staff turnover
- Lower recruitment costs
- More new recruits become productive faster
- Optimum business and territory management
- More effective training and development
DAY ONE – PRINCIPLES OF SALES PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- The sales manager’s role
- Difference in role between sales and sales management
- What’s changed for sales managers
- Characteristics of an effective sales manager
MANAGING THE SALES TEAM TO TOP PERFORMANCE
- Make sales management objective and effective
- Use sales metrics to determine action planning and objectives
- Set objectives
- Role of sales process
- Role of sales pipeline
TURNING EXPECTATION INTO RESULTS
- Business objectives
- Sales objectives
- Sales activities
- Relationship between business performance, sales objectives and sales activities
- Relationship between Sales Performance Management, Sales Pipeline Management and Sales Incentive Compensation
USING METRICS TO MANAGE
- What metrics matter to make sales management objective and effective
- Translate business performance measures into sales objectives and sales activity measures
- What should Sales Performance Management measure versus what should be in the Sales Incentive Compensation Plan
- Exercise: What metrics can you use?
METRICS YOU CAN MANAGE
- Link sales process to sales activities
- Identify the crucial sales activities
- Measure sales activities to predict sales results
- Exercise: What are the top three sales activities that matter in your business?
DAY TWO – PUT SALES PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT INTO ACTION
- Sales reviews – of individuals
- Sales reviews – of forecasts
- Action planning
- Sales forecasting
- Exercise: Simulated forecast review
GETTING THE BEST FROM THE PEOPLE
- The human dimension that turns sales management into sales leadership
- Performance management, objective setting and review
- Continuous improvement through review, feedback and coaching
- Motivation – financial and non-financial
- Simulation: Five step sales coaching process
RECRUITMENT and ON-BOARDING
- Sizing the sales resource required
- Job descriptions and objectives
- Performance management in the initial period
- Exercise: Create your personal 30-60-90 day action plan
This course is designed for
- Sales leaders and managers: Learn modern skills to increase the effectiveness of the entire sales team
- New sales managers: Learn the skills and processes to be an effective sales manager
- Salespeople who want to become sales managers: Learn the skills and processes to be an effective sales manager
Find out more
- Download the brochure (Opens in a new window)
- Find out more – fill out your details below and we’ll be in touch